By Julia Harman Cain, Director of Development
This past week, I visited our Motion Express classes at Maury Elementary School, just down the road from our Joy of Motion Dance Center Atlas studios. Not only was it awesome to see so many kids channel their boundless energy into the arts, but it was equally fun to hear what they thought about the class. One pre-kindergartener proudly announced, “I need to stretch so I can do my dance!”
This year, we will reach nearly 800 children, teens, and senior citizens, and partner with 11 schools through our Project Motion Community Outreach initiatives, which include Motion Express. We offer all of these programs at no cost to the participants or the schools — and to do that, we need you!
Of course, you always can become a JOMDC supporter through our website. But here are some more unusual, yet simple, ways to join the effort:
- Amazon Smile: select JOMDC as your charitable organization and Amazon will start donating 0.5% of your purchase amounts to us.
- Combined Federal Campaign: federal employees can easily contribute to JOMDC through payroll deductions. Our CFC number is 90656. Many non-federal employers will also match employees’ charitable contributions.
- Catalogue for Philanthropy: support JOMDC online through the Catalogue or add us to a gift registry if you are planning a celebration.
- #GivingTuesday: December 3! You can create your own online fundraiser and support JOMDC on this national day of giving.
- Facebook and Twitter: share this post and encourage a friend to share the gift of dance!
Have another suggestion? Definitely let us know. And thank you, so very much, for your support.