Audition: Glade Dance Collective
Sunday, Sept. 7, 3 – 6pm
Joy of Motion Bethesda
7315 Wisconsin Ave. (LL level)
What to expect at the audition: The audition will include elements of dance technique, improv, and movement manipulation. We are looking for dancers who are open to exploration of all of these elements and excited to perform.
What to bring: Two 8-counts that you’re ready to apply to any piece of music and an openness to manipulate or create mash ups with it. Bring a dance resume if you have one.
As a collective, Glade members have unique opportunities to participate in making decisions about every aspect of Glade. Glade is looking at you if you are interested in:
- getting your hands on performance and grant applications
- crafting internal communications
- growing the D.C. modern dance audience
- ways to contribute beyond just rehearsal
If you have a story to tell through dance; a body craving to perform; or a creative eye for technical elements; Glade is for you! Learn more about our mission.
What to look look forward to in the 2014 – 2015 season with Glade:
- Improv performance opportunities at neighborhood festivals the weekend following the audition
- The second annual Glade Gala in October
- A salon-style works-in-progress performance in December or January
- To be an active member of the collective choreography process, to be performed in the spring
What to expect as a member of Glade: Glade members are expected to take class regularly. There are monthly meetings outside of rehearsal time where we come to consensus on upcoming performances and other artistic and administrative opportunities. Rehearsals will be at least once a week (with likely opportunities for more if the dancer is available). Rehearsals are scheduled around dancers’ schedules, and most likely Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday nights, adjacent to a dance class whenever possible!
For More Information: Email gladedance(at)gmail.com