Summer 2018 Registration is Open Now – Early Bird Prices Until March 15th!
*Summer camps begin the week of June 18th*
*Locations in Bethesda, Friendship Heights, and H Street NE*
Joy of Motion offers summer camps for age 5 and above, open to brand-new and experienced dancers alike!
We have ballet, jazz, tap, hip hop, and “pop” camps for our youngest dancers, as well as bootcamps and intensives in numerous disciplines (modern, tap, ballet, choreography, and more) for older students. Our signature summer program, Performance Dance Camp (PDC), is an exciting immersion into five different dance styles, culminating in a concert at the Jack Guidone Theatre.
Each camp is typically one or two weeks long. Performance Dance Camp offers four consecutive two-week sessions for Grades 3-8 and three consecutive two-week sessions for Grades 9-12 — and students can enroll in just one or all of them. (Each session of PDC is different, so students enrolled in multiple sessions always have something new to do!) Campers can also string together, for example, three intensives for a total of three consecutive weeks of camp.
Campers enrolled in 3+ camps will receive a 10% discount; this discount is not available online, but you are welcome to call or visit a studio.
Camp Hours: 9 AM to 4 PM each day, with optional aftercare from 4 PM to 6 PM.
Camp Locations: Camps are available at all three Joy of Motion locations (downtown Bethesda, Friendship Heights, H Street NE). Remember to check the camp description to make sure that the location works for you!
- Performance Dance Camp: 2-week sessions for three age groups (Grades 3-5, 5-8, and 9-12). Campers rotate through five different styles each day (ballet, jazz, hip hop, modern, tap) and rehearse together for a showcase-style concert at the end of the session. Previous experienced is welcome, but not required.
- “Kid” and Beginning-Level Camps: 1-week sessions in a specific dance style, primarily for ages 5-6 and elementary school students. These camps provide a fun, energetic introduction to the style and are ideal for newcomers, as well as those who have taken “Level 1” classes at Joy of Motion before.
- Intermediate-Level Camps: 1-week sessions in a specific dance style, primarily for middle and high school students. These camps are ideal for more experienced dancers (2+ years of training) who are looking to fine-tune their skills and immerse themselves in dance. Technique & Repertory and Choreography-focused camps also fall into this category.
- Intensives: 1-week, 1/2 day camps. Intensives are a good choices for experienced dancers who are looking to focus intently on improving their skills.
|TWO-WEEK SESSION||ONE-WEEK, FULL DAY||ONE-WEEK, HALF DAY|
|Early Bird (NOW – 3/15)||$688||$490||$315|
New Student Fee: $35 (paid only once).
- Performance Dance Camp has two-week sessions and nearly all other camps have one-week, full-day sessions. One-week, half-day “intensives” are noted as such on the schedule above.
- Camps that overlap with July 4th are only four days long and are discounted accordingly.