- Conducts and executes classes for youth following Joy of Motion Dance Center curriculum guidelines.
- Demonstrate creative ideas and enthusiasm for dance education.
- Instruct dance classes in accordance to needs of the studio in terms of style, age group, and scheduling
- Passion for working with young children, dedicated to youth development and positive outcomes.
- Comprehensive understanding and skills in dance education; ability to create unit and lesson plans for sessions or semesters of dance programming.
- Bachelor’s degree in Dance Education, Education, or Childhood Development.
- 1-3 years’ experience in early childhood care or education.
- 1-3 years’ experience in dance instruction for ages 2 – 6.
- Ability to manage a classroom of up to 15 children ages 2 – 6.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Availability to instruct on weekend mornings and afternoons.
- Provide instruction at all JOMDC studio locations.
- Provide instruction classes at DC partner schools in conjunction with our Neighborhood Steps Program.
- Master’s degree in Dance Education, Education, or Childhood Development
Reports to: Director of Community Dance School
Employment Status: Part Time Exempt
Compensation: Hourly rate commensurate with experience, with free dance classes at all JOMDC locations.
Please submit a resume or cv, and cover letter to email@example.com
Target Start Date: September 12, 2016