Joy of Motion’s studios are currently closed for in-person business, in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Read more about what we’re doing here.
Visit our Online Learning Library to see what we’re doing while we can’t be together in person!
Joy of Motion offers rental opportunities for both studio space and theatrical productions.
- Hourly studio rentals can be booked at any of our 10 studio spaces between our 3 studio locations for rehearsals and special events. Studio and event rental requests are subject to studio availability. Our studio staff will do their best to accommodate your
- Theatre space can be booked at our Jack Guidone Theatre. The JGT is a 140-seat blackbox-style venue for small-scale and workshop performances. The JGT can be rented by the evening and is open for performances on Saturday & Sunday, typically at 8:00PM and 7:00PM respectively.
For more detailed information about our studio spaces, theatre and rental rates please view our Studio & Theatre Rental Rates document.
Click here to view photos of our studio spaces and theatre.
Ten of our studios are now available for rent, with options in downtown Bethesda, MD and Friendship Heights, DC (both Metro-accessible), as well as on H Street NE, DC (with streetcar and bus access).
Spaces range in size, capacity, studio flooring and amenities.
- Wood or marley flooring
- Ballet barres
- Sound systems
To inquire about renting studio space, please complete this Studio Rental Request Form.
Our studios can be rented for private parties, birthdays, events and more.
Event rentals can include a private class with a Joy of Motion faculty member or other movement related activities.
Read through our Event Rental Information document for a complete overview of our Event services.
To inquire about booking an event, please complete this Event Rental Request Form.
The Jack Guidone Theatre is located within our Friendship Heights Studio at 5207 Wisconsin Avenue NW, two blocks from the Friendship Heights Metro station.
This blackbox-style venue is ideal for dance, music, lectures, or small-cast shows.
- Riser seating (capacity: 140)
- Good-size stage (32′ x 32′)
- Wood or marley dance flooring
- ETC Element console
- Basic repertory plot
- Sound system including stage monitors
- Projector (extra tech time needed)
- Spacious dressing rooms
A full tech crew, lighting design and stage management team, front of house, box office, and marketing support are all included in the rental cost.
To inquire about renting The Jack Guidone Theatre, please complete this Theatre Rental Request Form. COMING SOON!
Bethesda Studio (7315 Wisconsin Avenue #180E)
Friendship Heights Studio & Jack Guidone Theatre (5207 Wisconsin Avenue NW)
H Street Studio (1333 H Street NE)