Youth Camps and Intensives
Keep your child’s minds and bodies active all summer long in our dance camps. Our summer dance camps are a powerful way to help your child develop and mature cognitively, socially, and emotionally while reaping the benefits of physical activity.
We have a wide variety of camps for students ages 3-18 with all skill levels available with both half and full-day options. Your child can explore a variety of styles in our beloved two-week Performance Dance Camps (full day) or focus on a single style in a week-long full/half day intensive camp.
Early Registration Rate is available now through March 31!
Early Registration Rate
|Performance Dance Camps (2 weeks, 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM)||$660||$755|
|Full-Day Camps (1 week, 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM)||$470||$535|
|Half-Day Camps (1 week, Times Vary)||$270||$305|
- Drop-off as early as 8 AM at no additional cost.
- After care available for 4-6PM at just $25/day.
- FREE breakfast and mid-day snacks will be available for Kid Jazz/Tap Camps for age 4-6, and Kid Ballet Camps for age 3-5.
- All campers will receive a FREE Joy of Motion’s Dancer Facts T-shirt.
Select a camp that suits your child:
A. Select by your student’s level:
- New dancers and those with minimal dance experience: we recommend Performance Dance Camps, where children have the opportunity to explore a wide variety of styles of dance. ALL Performance Dance Camps participants will be eligible to perform in a professionally produced Youth Dance Camp Concert at the end of the summer in Joy of Motion’s Jack Guidone Theater.
- Two or more years of dance experience: we recommend Beginning to Intermediate level of camps in specific or combination of styles. Please check the descriptions below in the schedule section.
- Advanced dancers: we recommend Advanced camps, as well as Technique & Repertory camps for advanced dancers.Please check the descriptions below in the schedule section.
B. Select by your dancer’s style.
- All Performance Dance Camps provide the opportunity to expose your child to multiple dance styles, including ballet, modern, jazz, tap, and hip-hop.
- Regular Half-day and Full-Day camps focus one or two styles. See the full list below.
C. Select by duration.
- All Performance Dance Camps are two weeks/session.
- All regular Half-day and Full-Day Camps are one week/session.
- You can choose to register your camp for 1 or 2 weeks, or select a combination of camps and dance all summer long
Sample Full-Day Camp Schedule
|8:00 AM – 9:00 AM||Arrival|
|9:00 AM – 10:00 AM||Group Choreography Review and Warmup|
|10:00 AM – 11:00 AM||Technique Class|
|11:00 AM – 11:15 AM||Break|
|11:15 AM – 12:15 PM||Technique Class|
|12:30 PM – 1:30 PM||Lunch|
|1:30 PM – 3:30 PM||Choreography Classes|
|3:30 PM – 4:00 PM||Group Wrap-Up|
|4:00 PM||Pick Up|
|4:00 PM – 6:00 PM||After Care ($25/day)|
Schedule subject to change
Click theSIGN UP button to register for camp or intensive. Click the name of the camp or faculty member to learn more about specific camp!