Tappenstance is an innovative Washington, D.C. based rhythm tap company dedicated to maintaining the legacy of tap dancing while expanding the boundaries of traditional tap. The company works, choreographed by director Heidi Schultz, showcase diverse musical styles from electronica to rock, reggae to R&B and incorporate elements of other dance styles from hip hop to tango. Tappenstance is designed for intermediate-level adult tappers who want to improve their technique and performance skills. Tappenstance offers tappers a chance to preserve and promote the unique American art form of tap dance while growing as individual dancers.
Heidi Schultz, Director
For program inquiries email Tappenstance@joyofmotion.org, to register for the company email Bethesda@joyofmotion.org
Rehearsal Schedule: Mondays 9:30 – 10:30 p.m. at JOMDC Friendship Heights
1. Members must be 19 years of age or older at a low intermediate and above tap level.
2. Members must pay $320 annual company tuition. Payment plans will be offered and may be arranged with the Friendship Heights Studio Manager.
3. Members must attend all rehearsals and performances.
4. Members must take 1 additional technique class per week for the duration of the season with Heidi Schultz. We recommend Intermediate Tap with Heidi Schultz, Mondays 8:30 – 9:30 p.m. at JOMDC Friendship Heights.
5. Members are representatives of JOMDC and will maintain high standards of artistic integrity, ethics, and professionalism.