Nikki Gambhir, Director
email@example.com, Attn: DCypher Dance
DCypher Dance is JOMDC’s resident adult hip hop company. DCypher Dance creates innovative hip hop performances and has worked with leading choreographers including Jason Anderson, Laura Edwards, and Porche “Queen P” Anthony of Beat Ya Feet Kings. DCypher Dance is a featured performer at our interactive Motion Expressions concerts offered free to schoolchildren in Northeast D.C. The company also headlines JOMDC’s DEA Youth Dance Program Assemblies at public schools throughout the region. They bring their energy and message to regular performances at human service organizations and community festivals.
Rehearsal Schedule: Tuesdays 9:00 – 11:00 p.m., Thursdays 9:00 – 11:00 p.m. at JOMDC Bethesda
Next Audition: August 2013
1. Must be 19 years of age or older with at least 2 years experience in hip hop with the ability to perform at an advanced level. Additional experience in jazz and modern is a plus.
2. DCypher Dance performance schedule will include weekday and weekend performances. Schedule availability and flexibility is a must. DCypher Dance is especially interested in dancers with regular daytime availability to take part in paid outreach performances throughout the community.
3. Members must be available for company rehearsals, additional rehearsals, and scheduled performances.
4. Members are expected to continue their study of dance with an emphasis on hip hop at JOMDC and attend at least 1 additional technique class per week. We recommend DCypher Company Class, Tuesdays 7:30 – 9:00 p.m. at JOMDC Bethesda.
5. Members will have fundraising responsibility for certain production expenses and may need to provide certain costume items. All efforts will be made to keep costume expenses to a minimum.
6. Members are representatives of JOMDC and will maintain high standards of artistic integrity, ethics, and professionalism at all times.