Studio Policies & Rentals
Renting Our Space & Studio Policies
Joy of Motion Dance Center houses 11 studio spaces within its 3 locations. The majority of our studio spaces are available to rent. Discounts are available for long-term rental contracts. We rent our spaces for rehearsals, private lessons (defined as one or two students), and private classes with a faculty member. Please contact a studio manager with inquiries:
Private Events + Birthday Parties
Private Group Class Rates
Studio Rental Rates
For movement rehearsals, please refer to the rate schedule below.
Atlas Performing Arts Center
32′ X 50′
37′ X 22′
24′ X 22′
18’6″ X 23’4″
18’5″ X 54’3″
18′ X 38’7″
18’4″ X 36’6″
32′ X 38’5″
32′ X 35’6″
22′ X 28′
*Nonprofit rate only available to organizations that are able to provide supporting documentation.
Studio Rental and Reservation Policies
Our spaces are in high demand, and space rental is on a first come, first serve basis. All rentals must be scheduled with JOMDC Management Staff. Rental rates may be adjusted at JOMDC’s Management discretion. We reserve the right, at any time, to cancel or alter studio rental times, studio assignments, and studio locations.
- Rentals are for rehearsals, private lessons (defined as no more than 2 students) or free auditions only. Classes, workshops, master classes, etc., are not allowed at any location without prior arrangement with Joy of Motion Dance Center’s Programs and Services Department.
- All rentals must be scheduled via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone reservations are not accepted.
- All renters must present rental confirmation with each rental when checking in via a print confirmation or on a smart phone.
- The renter, or designated representative, must be on the premises for all requested rentals. Alternate designated representative must be approved and communicated in advance of the rental.
- All rentals must sign in for each rental and will be checked out by JOMDC staff at the end of each rental. All rentals must leave the JOMDC premises with JOMDC Staff, unless otherwise arranged with JOMDC Management.
- All cancellations must be received by the Studio Manager at the location where the rental is taking place at least 24 hours prior to rental, or if renting on the weekend, by 2:00 p.m. the preceding Friday. If the space is not cancelled with 24-hour notice, the renter will be charged the rental rate in full. Contracted rental space that has been cancelled for 3 consecutive weeks will be removed from the schedule.
- Resident Arts Partners must renew and confirm rentals each semester. JOMDC classes and workshops have priority over all time slots on the studio schedule.
- Evening and weekend renters must allow the work study staff to clean the studios by the end of their shifts. Best efforts will be made to not impede upon any rehearsal.
- All renters must remove all personal items and dispose of trash in appropriate waste receptacles.
- All paid rentals must be paid in full prior to the date the rental takes place. All rentals must be coordinated with JOMDC Management Staff.
- Any renter not in compliance with these policies may result in the loss of rental privileges.
For rental information, fees, and bookings, visit our FAQ page or contact email@example.com.
The Jack Guidone Theater provides a much-needed performance venue for small-scale productions. The space also functions as a home for most of Joy of Motion’s in-house and student productions, as well as being an affordable and popular venue for performing artists and companies desiring an intimate space in which to show their work.
Perfect for dance, lectures, music, vocal or small theatrical productions, this black box theater offers seating for 140 and has risers, a scrim, a 2-scene preset Lightronics lighting board, sound system, marley or wood floor, and a spacious backstage dressing room. A full production team, as well as marketing and box office support, are included in rentals.
The Jack Guidone Theater is located at Friendship Heights Studio , 2 blocks from the Friendship Heights stop on the Red Line, with public parking nearby. Click here to learn more about The Jack Guidone Theater.
- All students must sign in before entering class.
- Students arriving more than 10 minutes after class has started will not be admitted in the class.
- Late cancellations: If you sign up for an adult-drop-in class online, please give us a call prior to the start of class if you are unable to attend. No shows and cancellations after the start of class will not receive class refund.
- The studios are not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Joy of Motion Dance Center and its instructors are not liable for injuries sustained on the premises.
- Studio classes are subject to cancellation or change of time, location, teacher or substitution based on management discretion.
- Filming and/or photography of any sort are not permitted at any time.
- Emergency closings are posted on our Website.
Class Makeup Policies
Adult enrollment and youth enrollment students have the opportunity to make up a missed class in the same style, level and type of class at any of our studio locations within the current session in which the student is enrolled. Some enrollment classes such as Studio to Stage performance classes do not have a makeup option.
Tuition and Payment Policies
- Payment for classes must be made prior to entering your dance class.
- Class purchases for all drop-in discount packages are valid through the expiration date.
- All sales are final and are not refundable or transferable.
- There is a $35.00 fee for returned checks.
Adult Program Guidelines
- Students must be at least 18 years of age.
- Participation in Dance Institute’s LEAP! program is by audition only.
- Students under the age of 18 must obtain permission in advance from studio management before taking adult classes. Contact the studio manager for details.
- Students must be at least 19 years of age to take Studio to Stage classes. Students under the age of 19 must obtain studio management approval in advance from studio management before taking Studio to Stage classes. Contact the studio manager for details.
- Trial classes are available during seasonal enrollment periods for all classes. Prices vary, restrictions apply. This option is available for purchase in the studio only and is based on availability. Call our studio locations for more details.
Youth Program Guidelines
- Youth dance classes are available by enrollment only.
- Participation in Dance Institute’s youth Companies or the Youth Dance Ensemble is by audition only.
- Registration in Level 2 classes or higher may require teacher approval. If students are not performing at the level of the class, they may be moved to the appropriate level.
- We offer in-studio family observations at the end of each session during Observation Week.
- Youth Performances: All students are required to attend every class, be prompt and participate on a regular basis in order to perform.