News and Media
- Jan 2016: JOMDC faculty, staff and long-time dancers perform as GREASE dancers for Good Day DC.
- Feb 2016: In honor of Black History Month, 10 H.Y.P.E. Program dancers and Program Director, Alana Hill, headed to the White House to perform for First Lady, Michelle Obama, Judith Jamison, Debbie Allen and Fatima Robinson. Watch here.
- March 2016: Filmmakers, Patrick Hunt and Hadi Dimachkieh of Stellar, join JOMDC in reminding people that you’re not too busy to do what you love, in this commercial project.
- March 2016: Graduate students in the New Media Photojournalism program at George Washington University investigate JOMDC’s Motion Express Program through their short dance film.
- April 2016: Resident Arts Partner, the Nomad Dancers, performed at the White House for the annual Norwuz Celebration. Mention begins at 2:07.
- In Honor of the DC Senior Games, Here are Other Ways for Persons of a Certain Age to Shape Up, The Washington Post
- Best Place to Take an Adult Dance Class and Not Feel Like an A**hole,
Washington City Paper
- Silk Road Dance Company, Joy of Motion Dance Center Resident Arts Partner, featured in West Wing Week, The White House weekly newsletter (report begins at 4:23)
- American University student, Simon Hutchings, studying the role of the arts in conflict resolution in the School of International Service, shots a documentary about JOMDC faculty member, Christina Huertas.
- Best Dance Education Program for Young Artists, MD Theatre Guide
- Get a jump start on summer camps for your kids!, Fox5 News
- In Washington, they now dance “Zoca,“ N24, Sabine Muscat
- FOX 5 Thriller on GoodDayDC Halloween Special, Good Morning DC, Fox 5 News
- Howard Alumna Creates ASA! Fitness – Washington Informer TV
- Joy of Motion’s Annual Dance Project, ABC7/WJLA-TV
- Joy of Motion Dance Project at Jack Guidone Theater, Rebecca Ritzel, Washington City Paper
- Community Minute: Dance Instruction and Performances for People of All Ages, WAMU
- Joy of Motion Fashion Show at Neiman Marcus, Amanda Jean Wessell, Bitches Who Brunch
- Start at Ground Level, Vicky Hallett, The Washington Post
- Doug Yeuell Promotes FRESH IMPROV, Fox5 with Holly Morris
- Jamile McGee Teaches Wednesday’s Child Makiah Some Moves, NBC Washington
- Quynn Johnson Talks About Step Ahead, NewsChannel 8
- Doug Yeuell and David Norton, FOX 5 with Holly Morris
- The Right Moves: Exercise, Sports Define and Transcend Cultures, Stephanie Kanowitz,
The Washington Diplomat
- Ayden Elder Tackles Real-life Issues with Dance, ABC7/WJLA-TV and NewsChannel 8
- In the Dancer’s Seat, Vicky Hallett, The Washington Post
- Through Dance, a Newfound Confidence and Comfort in My Own Skin: 32 Before 32, Leilah Reese, “The Root DC Live,” The Washington Post
- Groove Thing: Zumba at Joy of Motion, DC Fit Crasher
- It’s Guaranteed To Be A Hit, Vicky Hallett, The Washington Post
- JOMDC Gala, ABC7/WJLA-TV
- Finding Meaning Through Dance, Rachel Gorman, “The Pink Line Project”
- Doug Yeuell, NewsChannel 8
For more information about the Joy of Motion Dance Center, to schedule an interview with a member of our faculty or staff , to observe a class and/or outreach event, or to request press tickets to an upcoming performance, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.