Our Commitment To You
At Joy of Motion Dance Center, we are committed to providing programs and services reinforcing the principle “dance is for everyone.” As the area’s leading nonprofit dance education organization, we believe each JOMDC student has the right to:
- Expect high quality dance education experiences.
- A welcoming atmosphere at all JOMDC studio locations.
- Clean and safe spaces.
- Assistance from all JOMDC Studio Managers and workstudy with any questions or concerns about classes or purchases.
- Access to all JOMDC rules and regulations.
- To be heard fairly and receive quick and reasonable responses regarding questions and concerns.
- All students must sign in before entering class.
- Students arriving more than 10 minutes after class has started will not be admitted in the class.
- All shoe soles must be clean before entering class.
- JOMDC is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- JOMDC and its instructors are not liable for injuries sustained on the premises.
- JOMDC classes are subject to cancellation or change of time, location, teacher or substitution based on management discretion.
- Filming and/or photography of any sort are not permitted at any time.
- No animals are permitted on the premises except identified service animals.
- Food and/or gum are not permitted in the studios. Bottled water is acceptable.
- Children in waiting areas must be supervised at all times by a parent or guardian.
- Emergency closings are posted on our Website
When we can, JOMDC offers a makeup option for adult and youth enrollment classes. Students have the opportunity to make up a missed class if multiple classes are offered at our studio locations. However, a class may only be made up within the same session (Fall, Winter, Spring, Summer) in which the student is enrolled. Makeup classes cannot be rolled over into any future sessions. Some enrollment classes such as Studio to Stage performance classes do not have a makeup option. Adult drop-in classes do not have a makeup option.
- Adult Intro to Dance: May make up a missed class in an Intro class of the same style.
- Adult Belly Dance and Flamenco: May make up a missed class in any class of the same style and of the same level or below.
- Adult Social Dance: May make up a missed class in any social dance class of the same level or below.
- Youth Enrollment: May make up a class offered in the same age group and experience level or below. We strongly encourage students to make up missed classes in a class of the same or similar style.
Tuition and Payment Policies
- Payment for classes must be made prior to entering the studio.
- Class purchases are valid through the expiration date.
- All sales are final and are not refundable or transferable.
- There is a $35.00 fee for returned checks.
- Enrollment classes missed must be made up within the same session as purchased.
Adult Program Guidelines
- Adult dance classes and programs are either offered on a drop-in basis (start any time), or an enrollment basis (for a particular period of time).
- JOMDC requires a minimum of 3 paying students for an adult drop-in class to run.
- Students must be at least 18 years of age to take adult JOMDC classes.
- Students under the age of 18 must obtain studio management approval before taking adult classes.
- Students must be at least 19 years of age to take Studio to Stage classes. Students under the age of 19 must obtain studio management approval before taking Studio to Stage classes.
- JOMDC management reserves the right to remove or bar any student from class due to disorderly conduct or disruptive behavior.
- Please notify instructor(s) if you have any concerns about physical problems or injuries. Always work at your own pace.
- All classes may be observed outside of the studio only.
- A trial class may be purchased for any enrollment class. Prices vary.
Youth Program Guidelines
- Youth dance classes are available by enrollment only.
- Participation in any Youth Company or the Youth Dance Ensemble is by audition only.
- For early childhood dance (25 months old through kindergarten) placement is determined by age as of the first day of each semester.
- For 1st-12th graders, placement is determined by grade as of the first day of our Fall semester.
- Registration in Level 2 classes or higher may require teacher approval. If students are not performing at the level of the class, they may be moved to the appropriate level.
- For the safety of your child, please pick up your dancer inside the building after class. Please be on time to pick up your child.
- Adults and siblings must remain in the waiting area during class. Parents can observe class during designated events such as Youth Dance Festival Week
- Youth Performances: All students are required to attend every class, be prompt and participate on a regular basis in order to perform.