Our Commitment To You
At Joy of Motion Dance Center, we are committed to providing programs and services reinforcing the principle “dance is for everyone.” As the area’s leading nonprofit dance education organization, we believe each JOMDC student has the right to:
- Expect high quality dance education experiences.
- A welcoming atmosphere at all JOMDC studio locations.
- Clean and safe spaces.
- Assistance from all JOMDC Studio Managers and workstudy with any questions or concerns about classes or purchases.
- Access to all JOMDC rules and regulations.
- To be heard fairly and receive quick and reasonable responses regarding questions and concerns.
- All students must sign in before entering class.
- Students arriving more than 10 minutes after class has started will not be admitted in the class.
- Late cancellations: If you sign up for an adult-drop-in class online, please give us a call prior to the start of class if you are unable to attend. No shows and cancellations after the start of class will not receive class refund.
- JOMDC is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- JOMDC and its instructors are not liable for injuries sustained on the premises.
- JOMDC classes are subject to cancellation or change of time, location, teacher or substitution based on management discretion.
- Filming and/or photography of any sort are not permitted at any time.
- Emergency closings are posted on our Website.
Class Makeup Policies
Adult enrollment and youth enrollment students have the opportunity to make up a missed class in the same style, level and type of class at any of our studio locations within the current session in which the student is enrolled. Some enrollment classes such as Studio to Stage performance classes do not have a makeup option.
Tuition and Payment Policies
- Payment for classes must be made prior to entering your dance class.
- Class purchases for all drop-in discount packages are valid through the expiration date.
- All sales are final and are not refundable or transferable.
- There is a $35.00 fee for returned checks.
- We do not offer pro-rations for classes. Please see our Makeup Policies if you can not attend the entire session.
Adult Program Guidelines
- Adult dance classes and programs are either offered on a drop-in basis (start any time), or an enrollment basis (for a particular period of time).
- Students must be at least 18 years of age.
- Students under the age of 18 must obtain permission in advance from studio management before taking adult classes. Contact the studio manager for details.
- Students must be at least 19 years of age to take Studio to Stage classes. Students under the age of 19 must obtain studio management approval in advance from studio management before taking Studio to Stage classes. Contact the studio manager for details.
- Please notify your faculty member(s) if you have any concerns about physical problems or injuries. Always work at your own pace.
- A trial class may be purchased for any enrollment class. Prices vary. This option is available for purchase in the studio only and is based on availability.
Youth Program Guidelines
- Youth dance classes are available by enrollment only.
- Participation in any Youth Company or the Youth Dance Ensemble is by audition only.
- Registration in Level 2 classes or higher may require teacher approval. If students are not performing at the level of the class, they may be moved to the appropriate level.
- We offer in-studio family observations at the end of each session during Youth Dance Festival Week.
- Youth Performances: All students are required to attend every class, be prompt and participate on a regular basis in order to perform.